Tuesday, January 10, 2012


As part of a resolution for the new year, I decided that I wanted to start reviewing the books that I have read, in part because I want to leave reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles to add my voice to the clamor pointing at this book or that because I loved them and want others to read them as well.  Or I thought they were not that great and perhaps a tad over-hyped.  I also want to improve my ability to think and write about books beyond the basic “I liked it” or “I thought it sucked” and a bonus is that I should improve my writing abilities.
A facet of my resolution is to get involved in all these reading challenges that I saw all over the blogosphere.  I like the idea of challenges because I do often get into reading funks, when I can’t decide what I want to read next but whatever it is, it’s most certainly not the 700 books in my kindle, or the 200 or more sitting around in the house.  I think reading challenges will help me avoid that, and also help me from disappearing down a genre rabbit hole.  The last few months I had largely been reading a lot of historical romances- nothing inherently wrong with that, but it’s seemingly addictive, and it feels so long since I’ve read a proper sci-fi or mystery novel!  At any rate, challenges should help me keep a little balance and variety in my readerly life.
So I plan to join a few challenges, well,  much more than a few because I keep finding more and interesting ones, and since most allows overlap... and well, I know I'm biting off more than I can chew.  I'll be posting the ones in which I plan to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment